Any check cashing company currently licensed by the New York State Department of Financial Services qualifies for Regular Membership. Members must be in good standing with the Department of Financial Services and their operations and practices must comply with all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Companies are required to pay for all licensed locations.
What Does FSCNY Do for Its Membership?
FSCNY works to promote the success of your business and the industry in general. Specific benefits of membership include:
- FSCNY provides updates on industry issues and legislative developments
- FSCNY represents your interests with the New York State Department of Financial Services
- FSCNY maintains regular contact with key legislators, including members of the New York Assembly and Senate and the New York City Council, and lobbies for favorable legislation
- Through the website, FSCNY offers its bad check network that enables members to report forged, stolen checks or other bad checks (coming soon)
- FSCNY offers enhanced communication efforts in consultation with our highly experienced public affairs team
- FSCNY members’ ability to participate in FSCNY’s payroll network – PAYNET. This network, whereby banks will divert payroll traffic to FSCNY members, is an ideal opportunity for check cashers to service consumers presently not entering your locations
- Access to “members only” section of the website, which includes updates on current legislation, industry developments, helpful hints and more
- Immediate access to FSCNY’s professional, legal and public affairs staff
- Member discount on annual FSCNY Conference & Exposition
- FSCNY members are automatically members of FiSCA, the national trade association, and are entitled to receive:
- Substantial discounts on registration fees for FiSCA’s Annual Conference
For more information about membership, contact FSCNY